Monday, February 15, 2010

Case of the MondaysPanda

I have an awful bad case of the Mondays today. I have decided to skip my first class on account of the fact that it is one of my hardest classes and since i am in the process of deciding whether or not i should stay a music major, i decided not to go until Wednesday, after I talk to a bunch of different people. It's also with my all time favorite teacher, which doesn't help much, so i won't be focusing anyway, and i decided i'll be more productive if i look over the stuff on my own, rather than going to class and being frustrated with my life in general. I am having this huge dilema about what to do with my life. All i've ever known is that I know I want to teach....however, here enlies the problem, i don't know which i'd rather teacher more: french or music. I know that i would be happy with both, and i know that I would be good at both. I also know, that right now, music is upsetting me beyond belief, and I don't want to wait until my last year of college to be completely happy with my college life. They are pushing me to an edge of epic proportion in the department, and pretty soon, i'm just going to tumble off of it... I do also know that one of the most important people in my life is the reason that I became a music major. He has been encouraging me since day 1, and the past few days has been reminding me that i can make it and that music departments everywhere have some case of the "our students hate being music majors" issue. He keeps telling me how great of a music teacher i'd be, and that he loves me no matter what i choose...basically TRYING to be impartial, but at the same time, i know what he thinks, and i know, that ultimately, he's right. I will make an awesome music teacher, i'm just afraid that by the time it comes for me to teach, they will have killed my passion for music beyond repair. I think it's really just going to come down to if i switch will i graduate in five years still? I'm already taking 1 extra year, two is NOT i repeat NOT an option. I guess I'll just have to do some researching!!! Off to continue my bad case of the mondays, coping with the horrible love life, and trying to put a smile on my face so i don't depress myself too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment