Saturday, November 6, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like....

Here we are, only 4 weeks away from the end of the semester. The fall colors are fading away, leaves have almost vanished from the branches of trees and continue to blanket the ground. I want winter to come. I am craving warming up to some home-made cider, snuggling up in a blanket, and watching the snow fall. We've only had 1 day of snow and the fact that there isn't any is more distracting than if we had 12 inches on the ground. I am acutely aware of how little time I have left in the semester to improve my grades. I am missing home, day dreaming about being home and cooking Thanksgiving dinner with my mom. We're going to Breckenridge this year, so though there will be cooking, it just isn't going to be the same. Looking forward to next weekend when I get to see my brother and sister-in law. I feel like I haven't seen them in a LONG time, maybe we can make pretzels.

I woke up, unaware that I had just slept 11 hours, and decided to be productive. I have finished two assignments, which sounds like a good thing, but really when I probably have 10 others is really not saying a lot. I made myself lunch and then felt like baking my famous coffee cake, not realising that I have no one to share it with, so I'll probably be taking left-overs to work on Monday. I am trying to figure out when I'm going to go on a date with this amazingly great guy. We met freshman year, and I find myself having a gigantic crush on him. One of these days we'll find time to get together, but as it is the end of the semester, we are both uncontrollably busy. My room is a mess as usual, and I think today with be a "to do" list kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment