Monday, May 9, 2011

Summer Begins

Summer has finally begun. After what was an epic fail on my part this semester as far as school goes, I now have the ever pleasant task of summer classes and finding a job to fix what I have broken...doesn't THAT sound like fun!? But, alas, that is what my summer will consist of. I will ROCK my summer classes, boost my GPA ever so slightly, and figure out what my future holds.

This weekend was the perfect start to summer. I went down to Greeley to attend a friend's graduation party. I have known him/his family FOREVER, and it was so nice catching up with them. Also rather entertaining to watch them lower a couch from the top floor to the ground while moving him up.

I spent about 3 hours with them, and it was a blast. Lots of food, lots of laughs, and so much (extremely overdue) catching up. We spent our time reminiscing about the musical, high school teachers, fun chipotle burrito contests, and how impressive we both were. He was one of those "big kids" that helped me cope with the ever fabulous task of being in the musical and a freshman in high school...what a guy. It was nice to talk to two educators (his mom and sister) who I adore, and just talk about what the future may hold...if I EVER get there. SO fun! He is off to Boston in the fall with his lady to attend Grad School. So amazing, and what a singer! MAN!

Other festivities in Cow-town included the NEW DOG! Sarah and Jason have added a new addition to their little family. Her name is Inga, and my GOODNESS is she adorable. She is so sweet and the perfect dog for their living situation.

Though I'm sure she'd like a yard to run in, she seems pretty content just laying on her bed and chilling out. Quite the low maintenance pup. She is 5, and she is simply wonderful, and loves to nap on top of you. It's pretty adorable.

And last, but certainly not least, my weekend included a trip down to Denver to see my "big sister" and her family. I haven't seen them for SUCH a long time, so it was amazing to see them. Therese had a Mary Kay party, so i decided it was the perfect excuse to see all the wonderful ladies in her family.

Including the most ridiculous and ADORABLE 4 year old you've ever met in your life! Her niece eventually re-warmed up to me, and we ended up having just a tad bit of fun with silly faces. I love these ladies! (a lot)
What an amazing first weekend of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment