Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter, Engagements, Retirements, and Summer

It is official, Summer is almost here. It is so close and yet so far away. Everyone is busy wrapping up their semesters, completing assignments, studying for finals, and most importantly, getting engaged! One of my very good friends, Ainsley, is getting married, and I can't believe this is happening. It seems like we are so far away from that stage, and yet here it is.
She is so excited, and her ring is GORGEOUS, good job A.J.! It is crazy to think that a year from now most of my friends will be graduating, and that in just two weeks, so many of them are starting the ever gloomy process of being a grown up. Can I PLEASE find never-never land now?!

I got to spend the weekend with my family in Colorado Springs, and it was amazing...minus the white out we had for Easter. I saw one of my all time FAVORITE teachers, who is sadly retiring in less than a month. Because of this lady, I will forever know the meaning of the word "blanched", quiver at the site of vocab books and "The Odyssey", and will always have a copy of "Anthem" in my library. We spent most of our visit discussing my future, and reminiscing about our freshman honors class, and enjoying the little time we had to talk to each other. It was precious and as valuable as gold. High school would not have been the same without this amazing teacher! I saw some other teachers, and all of my "second family" members...both in the education world and church! I saw my pastor, Uncle Cliffy, who through the pain and struggle of his new chemo treatments prayed for me, and sat confidently,and outwardly praising God in Easter service, declaring to the world (or at least to me) that he was not giving up! What an unbelievably blessed weekend!

Looking forward to the summer, wishing I was still in California, working my tail off, and anticipating the end of the next two weeks...what a month this will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment