So, quite a bit has happened since my last post.
First: one of the most amazing experiences of my life-Wymoing Indian Elementary School. I observed a 4th grade classroom, and these kids are amazing! I am litterally in love with teaching. I had so many great experiences with these kidos, they truly are remarkable. I had 3 kids who want to be doctors, 2 who want to be teachers, and onbly 2 that DIDN'T want to go to college. I was amazed by their inthusiasm for life, when they have so little provided for them. They were truly (for two days) God's gift to me. Though for the most part we didn't share the same faith, family background, or life experiences, I felt so connected, and so loved, by all my students. I fell that slowly but surely, God is making a place for me here in WY. Though I will always love my beautiful CO springs, WY may be my future more than I used to believe.
I'm aslo re-settling in to my life here in Laramie. After all the things that happened this year- long time friendships ending, getting deleted from some peoples' lives, and feeling sort of down and out about my time here (and almost giving up), I have found my home again. I have new amazing friendships that are so uplifting. I have some amazing Goldy women and men in my life. Reforming old friendships that had been forgotten, new and exciting things are happening, reminding me that life IS good, and that sometimes you just have to suffer through some bad for a while, but He will always lead you through it in the end. I've started a daily devotional-getting into the Word daily, and spending my time with God. I'm learning a lot about myself, and it's slowly but surely making me focus in on what is GOOD in my life. I have amazing roommates, amazing family, amazing friends, an amazing job, an amazing major, new clubs that I'm in, and to top it all off...it's FALL!!! My favorite season. Crunchy leaves, the beautiful colors, and the changing of everything is really key for me right now. I love watching something physically change...it's helping with the personal and emotional change I'm going through with God right now. I'm happy again with my life in Laramie, and I owe every happiness to Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment